Philippines extends ban on travellers from India, and six other countries

Philippines extends ban on travellers from India, and six other countries

The Philippines Government has now extended the ban on inbound travel from India, along with six other countries, until June 15 to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

As per the reports, the Philippines Government has announced that the ban will be extended to travellers coming from India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, the United Arab Emirates, and Oman.

Reportedly, on May 11, the Philippines registered the first two cases of the B.1617 variant; however, the Filipinos had no travel history from India. Reports have it that since then, the country has detected a total of 13 people infected with the same variant.

Philippines extends ban on travellers from India, and six other countries

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has reportedly approved the extension of ban on travellers coming from the said seven countries, following recommendation of the country’s national task force against COVID-19.

In a series of announcements from late April to mid-May, the Philippines has restricted the entry of travellers from the said countries. Earlier, the restriction was in place until May 31, which has now been extended further till June 15.

With this, the Philippines becomes the latest country to restrict the entry of travellers from India.

Read More —> Source link